Interested in attending this training? Contact Dave Mills, Recruitment Coordinator, at email@example.com to register.
Based off of successful organizing practices from the Obama for America campaigns and the engagement organizing framework developed by Marshall Ganz, this interactive two-day training with Organize BC will give participants a grounding in organizing practices to successfully create distributed leadership teams to work on campaigns. As a participant, you can expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of what it means to be an organizer in your community, and have practical next steps to implement.
Core Trainings provide a holistic overview of the engagement organizing framework, based on five leadership practices: Telling Stories, Building Relationships, Structuring Teams, Strategizing and Taking Action. Using a mix of lecture, small and large group discussion, activities, and role play, participants learn a framework for empowering people in their community to make change.
Who is it for? Core Training are for anyone interested in grassroots engagement in their social change work. Staff organizers, engagement staff and volunteer coordinators at community organizations, labour unions, NGOs, social service agencies, as well as volunteers and community members wanting to run or join people-centred campaigns, are all great candidates for Core Training. This framework has been successfully applied to campaigns working on affordable housing, climate change, community mental health, elections, health care reform, public education, and women’s rights, among dozens of other issues. It has been applied by clergy, environmentalists, labour organizers, parents trying to improve their communities, political candidates and social workers, to name a few.
We'd like all training participants to coordinate with an organizer prior to attending. If you weren't invited by a point person from your campaign, please check-in with this training's recruitment coordinator: Dave Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- The room is wheelchair accessible via elevator to the 2nd floor of the building, with ramp access to the front of the building. There are wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- The washrooms are multi-stall washrooms separated into men's and women's
- The chairs in the room are stacking chairs without armrests
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Anna at email@example.com
2300 Ryan Rd
Room TYE 203
Courtenay, BC V9N 8N6
Google map and directions