Have you ever been on a team of passionate organizers and activists who just couldn't quite hit their stride? Have you ever felt like the way your team was structured created bottlenecks that prevented you success? Is your campaign re-structuring after a recent shift in strategy?
If you come to Structuring Effective Teams on October 16 (6pm-8:30pm) in Vancouver, you'll get support and skills you need to help your campaign's leadership team work more effectively. We'll review what OBC offers us on the topic, regarding the snowflake model, sustainable numbers of relationships, and coaching. We'll also delve into effective team meetings. Most importantly, though, we'll give you time to workshop your own team's structure and make decisions about next steps to try to improve it.
We recommend that you come with members from your team. If you are attending on your own (and many people do!), you’ll still learn a lot. However, if you can think of team members to bring, we encourage you to invite them! If you are coming in a staff role, we encourage you to bring volunteers from your campaign.
Anna Barford and Mary Leighton will be your facilitators.
Potential table leaders (either for an organization, or for a team within an organization) are encouraged to get in touch with Anna before hand, to prepare to get the most out of the evening.
Please RSVP as soon as you expect to come, as we may reach capacity – 30 participants.
CityStudio is located at 1800 Spyglass Place in Vancouver, BC. It's on the Seawall under the Cambie Bridge – a short 5 minute walk from Olympic Village Skytrain Station. There is limited free and pay parking next to the studio. Bikes, walking, Aquabus and Skytrain are great options.
- We endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- The room is on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible.
- The washrooms are typically segregated by gender, and we will be de-gendering the washrooms for this event, creating two multi-person, all-gender washrooms.
- Most chairs in the room have armrests, there are also benches and armless chairs available.
- If the cost of childcare inhibits your ability to attend this event we are able to provide support. Please contact Peter at email@example.com.
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1800 Spyglass Pl
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4K7
Google map and directions