Based off of successful organizing practices from the Obama for America campaigns and the engagement organizing framework developed by Marshall Ganz, this interactive 1-day training with Organize BC will give participants a grounding in organizing practices to successfully create distributed leadership teams to work on campaigns. As a participant, you can expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of what it means to be an organizer in your community, and have practical next steps to implement.
We'd like all training participants to coordinate with an organizer prior to attending. If you weren't invited by a point person from your campaign, please checkin with this training's recruitment coordinator: Peter Gibbs, at Organize BC, at [email protected]
The Hive, 128 W Hastings St in Vancouver. There is bicycle parking outside of the building. It is less than a 10 minute walk from the Granville and Waterfront Skytrain stations, as well as on the #135 bus route. There is a parkade at 150 W Pender St, between Cambie and Beatty. Parking is $19 for a full day.
- To be inclusive, we endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- The training room is on the second floor of the building, up one flight of stairs. We apologize, but there is no elevator in this space.
- There are both gender neutral and gendered washrooms available.
- The chairs in the space are folding, armless chairs with backrests and padding. There are also rolling computer chairs with armrests and backrests available.
- If the cost of childcare inhibits your ability to attend this event we are able to provide support. Please contact Peter at [email protected]
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact Peter at [email protected]
128 W Hastings St
Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
Google map and directions