Based off of successful organizing practices from the Obama for America campaigns and the engagement organizing framework developed by Marshall Ganz, this interactive two-day training with Organize BC will give participants a grounding in organizing practices to successfully create distributed leadership teams to work on campaigns. As a participant, you can expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of what it means to be an organizer in your community, and have practical next steps to implement.
We'd like all training participants to coordinate with an organizer prior to attending. If you weren't invited by a point person from your campaign, please check-in with this training's recruitment coordinator: Peter Gibbs, at Organize BC, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be inclusive, we endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- There are wheelchair accessible washrooms, and the training room is wheelchair accessible.
- There is a private, gender-inclusive washroom on-site, as well as multi-person gender-segregated washrooms.
- The chairs in the space are armless chairs with backrests and padding.
- If the cost of childcare inhibits your ability to attend this event we are able to provide support. Please contact Peter at email@example.com
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org
4911 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC V5G 3W3
Google map and directions