This highly interactive 1-day training with Organize BC will give participants a grounding in organizing practices to successfully contact supporters and create distributed leadership teams to work on your campaign. As a participant, you can expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of what it means to be an organizer in your community, and have practical next steps to implement.
Most of the day follows the ladder of engagement approach an organizer uses to escalate a supporter into a volunteer leadership using the 'organizing cycle'. The organizing cycles steps we will cover in the training include:
- A supporter signing a petition (canvassing)
- The supporter being asked to volunteer (prospecting and hard asks)
- The supporter volunteering and being trained on canvassing (follow-up and training)
- The volunteer committing to becoming a regular team member (recruitment 1:1)
- To be inclusive, we endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- If the cost of childcare inhibits your ability to attend this event we are able to provide support. Please contact Anna at [email protected]
- The room is wheelchair accessible and is on the 1st floor of the building, and there are wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- The washrooms are multi-stall washrooms separated into men's and women's. There is a private gender-inclusive washroom in the David Turpin Building, a 3 minute walk away.
- The chairs in the room are rolling swivel chairs without armrests.
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact Anna at [email protected]
3800 Finnerty Rd
Henry Hickman Building - Room 110
Victoria, BC V8P 5C2
Google map and directions