Based off of successful organizing practices from the Obama for America campaigns and the engagement organizing framework developed by Marshall Ganz, this interactive two-day training with Organize BC will give participants a grounding in organizing practices to successfully create distributed leadership teams to work on campaigns. As a participant, you can expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of what it means to be an organizer in your community, and have practical next steps to implement.
We'd like all training participants to coordinate with an organizer prior to attending. If you weren't invited by a point person from your campaign, please check-in with this training's recruitment coordinator: Anna McClean, at Organize BC, at [email protected]
- We endeavour to keep Organize BC trainings scent-free. Please help us by avoiding using scented products.
- If the cost of childcare inhibits your ability to attend this event we are able to provide support. Please contact Anna at [email protected]
- The room is wheelchair accessible and is on the 1st floor of the building, and there are wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- The washrooms are multi-stall washrooms separated into men's and women's. There is a private gender-inclusive washroom in the David Turpin Building, a 3 minute walk away.
- The chairs in the room are rolling swivel chairs without armrests.
- If you have any specific accessibility questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Anna at [email protected]
3800 Finnerty Rd
Harry Hickman Building - Room 110
Victoria, BC V8P 5C2
Google map and directions